nanog mailing list archives

Re: Northern Virginia has had enough with data centers

From: Michael Thomas <mike () mtcc com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 17:53:15 -0700

On 6/23/23 4:01 PM, Delong.com via NANOG wrote:
The electric grid complaints are about the demand on the grid making the entire region less stable and proposed construction of new high-voltage tower corridors for data centers.
Yeah, I can kind of understand those, but as long as the grid is properly planned, it really shouldn’t have a
destabilizing effect. In fact, many datacenter in California do CoGen and end up providing additional grid stability.

Uh, ::cough:: PGE ::cough::

I so wanted to schadenfreude so bad with Texas and their shitty grid, but then remembered where I live.

Mike