nanog mailing list archives

Re: FCC Chair Rosenworcel Proposes to Investigate Impact of Data Caps

From: Mark Tinka <mark@tinka.africa>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 22:22:36 +0200

On 6/16/23 22:16, Michael Thomas wrote:

Won't Starlink and other LEO configurations be that backstop sooner rather than later? I don't know if they have caps as well, but even if they do they could compete with their caps.

Maybe. I really haven't paid any attention to Starlink, although there are credible reports of folk testing it here in South Africa's urban centres.

I have not heard of any mention of Starlink having caps as part of their service. Having said that, for services like this, things change as the number of customers using them rises.

Mark.