nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cogent ...

From: Joe Greco <jgreco () ns sol net>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 12:18:25 -0500

On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 03:38:15PM +0000, Laura Smith via NANOG wrote:
However, perhaps someone would care to elaborate (either on or off-
list) what the deal is with the requirement to sign NDAs with Cogent
before they'll discuss things like why they still charge for BGP, or
indeed any other technical or pricing matters. Seems weird ?!?

Because they know that the sillier bits will be poked fun at on NANOG
if they allow them to be disclosed?

Because if you can't talk about your pricing, then they aren't as
likely to be facing customers who know how cheap it was sold to some
other party?

... JG
--
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way
through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that