nanog mailing list archives

Re: ISP data collection from home routers

From: PJ Capelli via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 15:04:56 +0000

Most end users (at least in the US) don't have a choice as many jurisdictions have sold a franchise (monopoly) to one
provider.  Either they sign or they don't get internet.

Perhaps 5G will broaden the number of providers end users can choose from, and not be forced into this kind of
contract.  But why do you think any ISP would agree to not collect this information?

pj capelli
pjcapelli () pm me

No one can build you the bridge on which you, and only you, must cross the river of life - Nietzsche

Sent with ProtonMail secure email.