nanog mailing list archives

Re: CC: s to Non List Members (was Re: 202203080924.AYC Re: 202203071610.AYC Re: Making Use of 240/4 NetBlock)

From: "John Levine" <johnl () iecc com>
Date: 8 Mar 2022 15:32:36 -0500

It appears that Anne Mitchell <amitchell () isipp com> said:
Cc: NANOG <nanog () nanog org>, Greg Skinner <gregskinner0 () icloud com>, "Karandikar, Abhay" <Director () iitk ac
in>, Rama Ati
<rama_ati () outlook com>, Bob Corner GMAIL <bobbiecorner () gmail com>, "Hsing, T. Russell" <tHsing () ieee org>,
"Chen, Henry C.J."
<hcjchen () avinta com>, ST Hsieh <uschinaeetc () gmail com>, "Chen, Abraham Y." <AYChen () alum mit edu>

This is a whole lot of cc:s to people who aren't even part of this group/list.  One wonders with this many cc:s, how
many bcc:s there also were, and to whom.

There are several thousand people on the NANOG list, and public web archives.  I don't think this
is a useful question.

FWIW, I also don't think that repurposing 240/4 is a good idea.  To be useful it would require
that every host on the Internet update its network stack, which would take on the order of
a decade, to free up some space that would likely be depleted in a year or two.  It's basically
the same amount of work as getting everything to work on IPv6.

R's,
John