nanog mailing list archives

Re: is nanog really in the spoofer report?

From: Jared Mauch <jared () puck nether net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 19:53:34 -0400

I can confirm that the hardware that NANOG does use can't filter it all automatically I think for v6 as I helped them
look at it.

Sent via RFC1925 compliant device

On Jul 10, 2022, at 5:22 PM, Matthew Luckie <mjl () luckie org nz> wrote:

I just realized that many automatically put emails with the subject
line of "Spoofer Report for NANOG" in the trash, so I changed it.

Is that for real or a spoof itself?  If it's real I know a buncha
guys that will help. ;)

This is real:

https://spoofer.caida.org/recent_tests.php?as_include=19230

These are correlated with conference network deployments at each NANOG
event.  Some NANOG conference networks have SAV deployed (more so
before 2017), but my understanding is that networking equipment does
not come with SAV enabled by default, so it is easy to overlook.

Matthew