nanog mailing list archives

Re: SRv6 Capable NOS and Devices

From: Mark Tinka <mark@tinka.africa>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 09:08:50 +0200

On 1/11/22 19:20, Saku Ytti wrote:

And you have this use-case? And you can't use MPLSoUDP?

SRv6 is pure snake oil, an easy marketing story to people with limited
knowledge. 'It is just IP bro, you already know it'. I'd like to to
continue 'like already widely used X', but I don't dare, considering
it's so established despite its obvious benefits only existing in
marketability.

100%.

In a market where Cisco can no longer guarantee that operators will be spending US$50 million a year, minimum, they have to find a way to make it difficult for you to live without them.

Mark.