nanog mailing list archives

Re: junos config commit question

From: Nick Suan via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 18:48:42 -0600

You're correct.

This the lab setup and rstp was set to the default, so I only got the commit check to pass only when I deleted
[protocols rstp].

On Fri, Feb 11, 2022, at 8:09 PM, Lyndon Nerenberg (VE7TFX/VE6BBM) wrote:
Nick Suan via NANOG writes:
I was actually interested to see if the EX series would let me do this, and i
t turns out that if STP is enabled on any of the switch interfaces, it won't:
tevruden@core-02# commit check
[edit protocols rstp]
  'interface'
    XSTP : Interface ge-0/0/0.0 is not enabled for Ethernet Switching
error: configuration check-out failed

Do you have any rstp-specific overrides in your config? E.g. we
have things like this in some of ours:

  rstp {
      interface ge-0/0/45 {
          cost 1000;
          mode point-to-point;
      }
      interface ge-1/0/45 {
          cost 1000;
          mode point-to-point;
      }
      interface ae4;
      bpdu-block-on-edge;
  }

With the interfaces gone I would expect the commit check to fail.

--lyndon