nanog mailing list archives

Re: Large prefix lists/sets on IOS-XR

From: Joshua Miller <contemno () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 19:23:24 -0500

Netconf is really nice for atomic changes to network devices, though it
would still take some time for the device to process such a large change.

On Thu, Dec 8, 2022 at 6:05 PM Sander Steffann <sander () steffann nl> wrote:

Hi,

What is the best/most efficient/most convenient way to push large prefix
lists or sets to an XR router for BGP prefix filtering? Pushing thousands
of lines through the CLI seems foolish, I tried using the load command but
it seems horribly slow. What am I missing? :)

Cheers!
Sander

---
for every complex problem, there’s a solution that is simple, neat, and
wrong