nanog mailing list archives

RE: IERS ponders reverse leapsecond...

From: Jay Ashworth <jra () baylink com>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2022 11:34:46 -0400

Sure.

ALL of this has been gamed out, and I had believed, handled, by the 8601 nerds, and we ignore that investment of work
at our peril.

On August 3, 2022 11:33:09 AM EDT, Matthew Huff <mhuff () ox com> wrote:
True,

But it's hard enough to get developers to understand the need to code for 61 seconds in a minute, and now they would
need to code for 59 seconds as well.

If time systems simply skewed the time so that 60 seconds actually just took 61 seconds or 59 seconds, there would be
other issues, but coders wouldn't be involved.