nanog mailing list archives

Re: dump of NOS config examples

From: Jay Hennigan <jay () west net>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 23:18:54 -0700

On 8/20/22 09:25, guardian.wheel9069 () fastmail com wrote:
Hi,

I am looking for a large dump of example, real but scrubbed, whatever, nx-os, junos, panos, ios, eos, hell any common NOS, configs. (Right now I really need nx-os but I'll get to the rest soon)

To be clear, I am not looking for anyone's private config or network info. I just need a large sample of configs to test some config parsing code I have. Looking for every random ugly feature / config option out there. The bigger and uglier the better. (Files that still even have the horrid control chars ^M, \r\n and worse that come out of network devices are the best!!)

Most vendors publish a command reference document that lists and describes every possible configuration command including all of the random ugly ones.

Would this be sufficient or are you looking for working random ugly configurations? Vendor certification practice tests could be another source.

--
Jay Hennigan - jay () west net
Network Engineering - CCIE #7880