nanog mailing list archives

Dark\Conduit Pricing

From: Mike Hammett <nanog () ics-il net>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 10:07:30 -0500 (CDT)

ISP-Bandwidth used to be full of this kind of conversation. I'm not sure if anything ever replaced it.

Where would be a good place to go to get the pulse of where the industry is at on dark fiber\empty conduit pricing? I
understand that YMMV with supply and demand. Going into a major facility would be highly desirable, but may also have a
lot of competition, depending on the Z location. In the middle of nowhere might be really expensive because no one else
is there... or really cheap because it's on a competitive route.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com