nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 woes - RFC

From: Owen DeLong via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 10:37:32 -0700

On Sep 15, 2021, at 09:31 , Masataka Ohta <mohta () necom830 hpcl titech ac jp> wrote:

Baldur Norddahl wrote:

But in fact with local number portability, you cannot rely on the county
code to tell you where to route a telephone call anymore.

Not. With geographical aggregation, you may route a call
*anywhere* in the destination country.

You mean anywhere in the world. Calls to my number reach my cell phone no
matter where I go.

You are confusing number portability and call forwarding.

                                                      Masataka Ohta

Not exactly… He is confusing number portability and roaming.

Owen