nanog mailing list archives

Re: SentryPeer: A distributed peer to peer list of bad IP addresses and phone numbers collected via a SIP Honeypot

From: Eric Kuhnke <eric.kuhnke () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 20:50:08 -0400

Anecdotally, anyone that's had reason to manually go through logs for port
5060 SIP for any public facing ipv4 /32 will see the vast amounts of random
"things" out there on the internet trying common extension password combos
to register.

It's been a large amount of background noise on the internet for a very log
time now.