nanog mailing list archives

Re: Redeploying most of 127/8, 0/8, 240/4 and *.0 as unicast

From: Joe Maimon <jmaimon () jmaimon com>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 21:24:06 -0500

Tom Beecher wrote:

The biggest impediment to IPv6 adoption is that too many people invest too much time and resources in finding ways to squeeze more blood from the IPv4 stone.

Reverse that. IPv6 has impediments to adoption, which is why more time and resources are being spent to keep IPv4 usable until those impediments can be overcome.

IPv6 isn't perfect. That's not an excuse to ignore it and invest the limited resources we have into Yet Another IPv4 Zombification Effort.

As noted earlier, False Dilemma

Even worse, your thinking presupposes a finite amount of people-effort resources that must be properly managed by those superior in some fashion with more correct thinking.

I hope you can see when focused in that fashion all that is wrong with that viewpoint.

Joe