nanog mailing list archives

Re: DDoS attack with blackmail

From: "Lady Benjamin Cannon of Glencoe, ASCE" <lb () 6by7 net>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2021 16:17:59 -0700

20 years ago I wrote an automatic teardrop attack.  If your IP spammed us 5 times, then a script would run, knocking
the remote host off the internet entirely.

Later I modified it to launch 1000 teardrop attacks/second…

Today,  contact the FBI.

And get a mitigation service above your borders if you can.

—L.B.

Ms. Lady Benjamin PD Cannon of Glencoe, ASCE
6x7 Networks & 6x7 Telecom, LLC
CEO
lb () 6by7 net <mailto:lb () 6by7 net>
"The only fully end-to-end encrypted global telecommunications company in the world.”
FCC License KJ6FJJ