nanog mailing list archives

Re: How to Fix IP GEO for google/youtube tv

From: Grant Taylor via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 13:45:41 -0700

On 3/11/21 12:57 PM, Josh Luthman wrote:
The lack of response to the problem from Google's team is the knowledge that we're working with.

It may be the knowledge that /you/ are working with. /I/ am working with different knowledge.

As stated in another reply, "I know / have witnessed multiple Google employees that have submitted and followed up on multiple GeoIP corrections." So /I'm/ working with /1st/ /hand/ knowledge that Google employees /do/ /wanna/ /improve/.

What more do you need to know?

For starters, any dissenting opinions or knowledge would be good to know. Seeing as I have both 1st hand knowledge and dissenting opinions....

If it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, and looks like a duck, it's probably a duck.

If it sounds like a herd of stampeding horses, moves like a herd of stampeding horses, and looks like a herd of stampeding horses, it's probably a herd of stampeding horses /except/ when it's a herd of stampeding zebras.

You don't need a DNA test.

Hopefully you don't /need/ a DNA test to identify the difference between a horse and a zebra. But hopefully you realize that your initial assumption that it was a heard of stampeding horses was wrong, and likely biased towards horses / away from zebras.

You're entitled to your opinion just as the rest of us are entitled to ours.  It doesn't make it wrong.

Opinions are only facts (in and of themselves) to the person that holds them. {Your,my} opinion is fact to {you,me} but just {your,my} opinion to everyone else.

Also, opinions often to take everything into account.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die