nanog mailing list archives

Re: DoD IP Space

From: scott <surfer () mauigateway com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2021 09:56:09 -1000

--- sabri () cluecentral net wrote:
From: Sabri Berisha <sabri () cluecentral net>

The true enemy here is mid-level management that refuses to prioritize deployment of IPv6.

What we should be discussing is how best to approach that problem. It's where ops and corporate politics overlap.

100% agreed! Been whining about that here many times. I have been trying to get IPv6 going for a long time, but the above stopped my plans. One thing I mentioned recently, though, is we just got a $BIGCUSTOMER and their requirement was we do IPv6. So keep your IPv6 deployment plans ready. In my case they said a 'we need it right now' kind of thing. That could happen to anyone here.

scott