nanog mailing list archives

Re: questions about ARIN ipv6 allocation

From: John Curran <jcurran () arin net>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2021 11:24:12 +0000

On 6 Dec 2021, at 4:59 PM, Jay Hennigan <jay () west net> wrote:

On 12/6/21 09:59, Owen DeLong via NANOG wrote:

The situation is such that the current economic incentives would be most advantageous to me to preserve my LRSA and
abandon my RSA, which would involve simply turning off IPv6.

If ARIN's fee structure is such that it is financially advantageous for any class of network operators to turn off
IPv6, they're doing it wrong IMHO.

Jay -

The situation is exactly opposite, as ARIN’s fee schedule allows customers to obtain a corresponding-sized IPv6 block
without any increase to their annual fee - this actually removes the financial disincentive that would otherwise be
present for network operators to deploy IPv6.

Thanks,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO