nanog mailing list archives

Re: questions about ARIN ipv6 allocation

From: William Herrin <bill () herrin us>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 10:42:31 -0800

On Sun, Dec 5, 2021 at 7:43 AM Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster () gmail com> wrote:
On Sun, Dec 5, 2021 at 2:23 PM Owen DeLong via NANOG <nanog () nanog org> wrote:
The double billing (had it been present at the time) would have prevented me from signing the LRSA for my IPv4
resources.

There were some community participants that suggested
that having a formal relationship with the ARIN organization
by signing the LRSA was good for the resource holders,
and good for the overall commons.

I vaguely recall Owen being one of the most outspoken proponents.

There were other
members that suggested that signing the LRSA would be
potentially disadvantageous at some future time.

I confess: I do have the urge to say I told him so.

I do
understand that some people may feel vindicated about
not signing a LRSA,

Not yet. We're still at the stage where Darth Vader says, "I am
altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William Herrin