nanog mailing list archives

Re: The great Netflix vpn debacle!

From: Bryan Holloway <bryan () shout net>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 23:56:29 +0200

Is there some new DB that major CDNs are using?

We've been getting several reports of prefixes of ours being blocked, claiming to be VPNs, even though we've been using those subnets without incident for years.

HBO, Netflix, and Hulu appear to be common denominators. I have to wonder if they're all siphoning misinformation off of some new DB somewhere ...