nanog mailing list archives

Re: Texas ERCOT power shortages (again) April 13

From: Mike Bolitho <mikebolitho () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 06:34:33 -0700

Can we keep this mailing list free of politics please? Being for or against
renewable energy has nothing to do with network operations.

- Mike Bolitho

On Wed, Apr 14, 2021, 6:31 AM Izaac <izaac () setec org> wrote:

On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 06:54:55AM +0200, Mark Tinka wrote:
So looks like ERCOT have 32,000MW of capacity offline for maintenance and
repairs, which they claim is not unusual for this time of the year as
they
gear up for the summer. So generation capacity was only 50,000MW, while
demand was 49,000MW. 1,000MW in reserve is right on the nose. Solar
production was also down by 3,000MW due to cloudy skies.

Sorry guys, I bought 1210MW for impulse delivery, which very briefly ate
that reserve.  I can assure you that the next four days of sunny skies
will regenerate it, though.

In unrelated news, the Rangers got me on an 88MPH speeding ticket.
Anyone know a decent traffic attorney that accepts payment in lotto
tickets?

--