nanog mailing list archives

Re: BGP Community - AS0 is de-facto "no-export-to" marker - Any ASN reserved to "export-only-to"?'

From: Mark Tinka via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2020 18:04:57 +0200

On 9/Sep/20 17:52, Mike Hammett wrote:

No, but most network operators also aren't NANOG members, attend NANOG
shows, subscribe to NANOG lists.

They're small outfits where there's between 1 - 5 total networking people.

Yeah, I'll steer clear of that one :-)...

Circling back to earlier where I said there are almost 70k ASNs in use
on the public Internet. Most of those operators don't have complex
configurations. I'd be surprised if less than half of them had
anything more than the most minimal default route configuration.

I don't know. If they are here, they can chime in.

Mark.