nanog mailing list archives

Re: DE-CIX - Wednesday 11:00am - 1:30pm Eastern

From: Matt Harris <matt () netfire net>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2020 17:17:56 -0500

On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 11:10 AM Matt Hoppes <
mattlists () rivervalleyinternet net> wrote:

Hi Ed,
Thank you for that clarification.

On 10/29/20 12:05 PM, Ed dAgostino wrote:
All,

For clarification, DE-CIX New York operates over a dozen switches as
part of our local switch fabric.   ONE of our switches malfunctioned for
about a two hour period  prior to rebooting and that caused problems for
customer networks connected to that switch during that period.   All
other switches were not impacted and the DE-CIX New York exchange did
not go down.

Ed d'Agostino

It looks as though something's going on again right now. I just lost
sessions to one of the two route servers, and some but not all of my other
peers on DE-CIX NY.

Matt Harris|Infrastructure Lead Engineer
816-256-5446|Direct
Looking for something?
Helpdesk Portal|Email Support|Billing Portal
We build and deliver end-to-end IT solutions.