nanog mailing list archives

Re: Asus wifi AP re-writing DNS packets

From: William Herrin <bill () herrin us>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 14:01:35 -0700

On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 1:57 PM Anurag Bhatia <me () anuragbhatia com> wrote:
No such feature when running in AP mode. AP mode gives options of wireless settings (SSID etc) and IP for management
of the device.

I don't know about this case but I've occasionally noticed devices
where you have to put the device into the mode where the feature
config shows up in the UI in order to disable it. The feature itself
acts independent of whether it shows up in the UI.

Does the asus AP have an "nvram" command? That's likely where the
config is stored.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--