nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cable Company Hotspots

From: Brandon Svec <bsvec () teamonesolutions com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 15:33:50 -0800

Comcast does exactly that in the US.  Some people turn it off though.  I
can't recall if just the guest hotspot can be disabled on it's own or you
have to just turn off wireless completely and use your own kit.
Probably depends on the provided gear.

Slightly off topic, but the cellular providers here also sell femtocells to
customers that want better cellular service in their home or office.  They
basically offload (and charge) their customers to expand the coverage over
the customer's own internet service.
*Brandon Svec*

*15106862204 <15106862204> voice|sms**teamonesolutions.com
<https://teamonesolutions.com/>*

On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 3:28 PM Rod Beck <rod.beck () unitedcablecompany com>