nanog mailing list archives

RE: Huawei on Mount Everest

From: "Keith Medcalf" <kmedcalf () dessus com>
Date: Sat, 02 May 2020 05:07:58 -0600

Build a nuclear power plant of course.

--

-----Original Message-----
From: NANOG <nanog-bounces () nanog org> On Behalf Of Eric Tykwinski
Sent: Friday, 1 May, 2020 12:14
To: Aaron Gould <aaron1 () gvtc com>
Cc: John Levine <johnl () iecc com>; nanog () nanog org
Subject: Re: Huawei on Mount Everest

Honestly, being an amateur rock climber, I’m in the same boat, but how
the hell are they going to get power up there for dependability.
Solar power sure is a great option, but I was under the assumption that
repairs will be hell to put it bluntly.
Batteries in that cold of a climate is also a regular trip. which doesn’t
seem feasible, unless there’s something I don’t know.

Sincerely,

Eric Tykwinski
TrueNet, Inc.
P: 610-429-8300

      On May 1, 2020, at 2:07 PM, Aaron Gould <aaron1 () gvtc com