nanog mailing list archives

Re: looking for operator validation for regexes that extract ASNs

From: Vincent Bernat <bernat () luffy cx>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 10:36:03 +0200

 ❦ 11 mai 2020 20:03 +12, Matthew Luckie:

To support Internet topology analysis efforts, we have been working on
an algorithm to detect AS numbers inside hostnames (PTR records) for
router interfaces, and automatically build regular expressions
(regexes) to extract them.

Hello Matthew,

This work is quite interesting. I see you have also a page to build
regex from router names for each operator. Did you already work on
extracting city names/US states? This would be quite helpful as well.
--
Take care to branch the right way on equality.