nanog mailing list archives

Re: Backhoe season?

From: Mark Tinka <mark.tinka () seacom mu>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 13:28:07 +0200

On 27/Mar/20 21:30, Hal Murray wrote:

I suspect any reduction in backhoe activity will depend strongly on where you
are looking.  The San Francisco Bay area, including Silicon Valley is taking
things seriously.

My expectation is that for countries that lockdown, stability will
increase. We are seeing pockets of that here in South Africa (lockdown)
and Kenya (night-time curfews, although I think a lockdown is coming soon).

On our side of the world, the WACS (West African Cable System) got cut
last Saturday morning off the UK coast (Highbridge), so that's not a
good look during a time when all need to be online. However, there is
backup and the repairs are scheduled to be completed this weekend,
Insha'Allah!

Mark.