nanog mailing list archives

Re: Google and Coronavirus Tech Handbook

From: Alexandre Petrescu <alexandre.petrescu () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2020 20:16:50 +0100

You are asking what root CA list I am using?

I answer: I use firefox browser on Windows 10 latest version.  I dont know what root CA I use.  I have several root CAs in my browser's option.  Most of them came by default in firefow at install time.  A few I had to install  manually many months ago, because I had a one-to-one trust developped with a few people and their CAs.

About cloudflare I think the followiing: I have seen it used at IETF servers.  It takes a few seconds to check, which is fine. But I dont understand why its getting in the way.  They should stop getting in people's way to browse for information.

Now, I do not understand why my browser, that I consider clean, makes me questions about security, certificates, and so on.  It might be that the right CA is not inserted in my CA list, I dont know, I have not looked in the firefox options today.  But it is strange I could browse IETF ok with cloudflare, no question from the browser, but now there are questions in the browser about cloudflare and the URL you point to.

Yours,

I sign: Alex, LF/HF 2 (it means low stress)