nanog mailing list archives

Re: COVID-19 vs. our Networks

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 11:39:39 -0700

On Mar 17, 2020, at 10:43 , Keith Medcalf <kmedcalf () dessus com> wrote:

On Tuesday, 17 March, 2020 03:31, Mark Tinka <mark.tinka () seacom mu> wrote:

On 16/Mar/20 21:08, Owen DeLong wrote:

For up to date local information, check with the local public health
authority in your jurisdiction. In the US, that will usually
be your county public health agency. In some cases, individual
municipalities also have public health departments.

It's the price we pay for hyper-connectedness (not trying to coin a
phrase, hehe).

Everybody (especially the kids) lives on their device 99% of the time.
If you're not on their device, you are not relevant to them.

If by "device" you mean "computer", then you are correct.

I think “device” is correct because it encompasses computer, smart phone, tablet, e-reader, whatever else with a
screen, some form of input device(s), and network connectivity.

Owen