nanog mailing list archives

Re: COVID-19 vs. our Networks

From: Mark Tinka <mark.tinka () seacom mu>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2020 08:01:11 +0200

On 14/Mar/20 19:14, Mike Bolitho wrote:

    /

I work for a hospital, we ran into some issues last week due to
congestion that was totally outside of our control that was off of our
WAN (Thanks Call Of Duty). Now, the issue we ran into was not mission
critical at the time but it was still disruptive. As more and more
people are driven home during this time, more and more people will be
using bandwidth intensive streaming and online gaming products. If
more and more TSP coded entities are running into issues, ISPs, IXPs,
and CDNs will be forced to act.

Hmmh, if that level of priority is required, I'd probably build my own
network, and not rely on public infrastructure like the Internet.

Mark.