nanog mailing list archives

Re: netflix proxy/unblocker false detection

From: Mark Tinka <mark.tinka () seacom com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2020 15:18:38 +0200

On 26/Jun/20 19:40, Sabri Berisha wrote:

Don't hold your breath.  It's most likely not related to the capabilities
of the hardware, or even the kernel running on the platform.

I'm hoping a new device will bring with it renewed vigour :-).

I'm probably being ambitious. Overly.

My guess is that there is no IPv6 support because the backend doesn't
support it.  I've seen this at previous employers where the network was ready
for IPv6, but back-end applications were lagging.  And that might require
development on a lot of games as well.

Perhaps we should start a rumor: "IPv6 has a lower ping!".  We'll get
thousands of gamers protesting for v6 in front of Sony's HQ :)

I'd be down with that. Gamers will kill for even 1 nanosecond of lower
"ping" :-).

Which is quite at odds with a flats screen TV I bought from Sony back in
2015 that supported IPv6 - and this was Sony's own OS, not a 3rd party
one some of their current units ship with. The good ol' silo problem,
perhaps...

Mark.