nanog mailing list archives

Re: [c-nsp] Devil's Advocate - Segment Routing, Why?

From: Mark Tinka <mark.tinka () seacom mu>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2020 19:42:31 +0200

On 19/Jun/20 17:26, Gert Doering wrote:

There's a special place in hell for people re-using the "Catalyst" brand
name and then putting yearly renewable licenses on it.  Or IOS XE.

I'm not actually sure *which* BU is doing "Catalyst" these days, but
we're so annoyed about Cisco these days that I haven't really looked at
all these new and shiny products from all these new and shiny BUs with
all these new and shiny operating systems in quite a while.

We bought the C6880-X for our core switch back in 2014. It's still
humming, running plain old IOS.

The upgrade path is Arista for this. I'm not sure what switching is
doing over at Cisco, these days.

Mark.