nanog mailing list archives

Re: Tips on dealing with illicit BGP announcements

From: "Justin Wilson \(Lists\) via NANOG" <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2020 06:25:40 -0400

I second the ease on contacting RADB.  They are very easy to work with in cases like this.  Have done it several times
over the past few months.

Justin Wilson
j2sw () mtin net

—
https://j2sw.com - All things jsw (AS209109)
https://blog.j2sw.com - Podcast and Blog

On Jul 24, 2020, at 2:05 AM, Randy Carpenter <rcarpen () network1 net> wrote:

I am working with a client that has recently purchased and transferred an IPv4 block.

Sometime in between when the purchase and research was done and when the transfer was actually complete, an entity in
Asia started illicitly announcing a larger block that includes the block in question. They even have gotten an RADB
entry in place for it.

Does anyone have some tips on how to deal with this? I have a feeling that dealing directly with the offending entity
will not be very fruitful.

thanks,
-Randy