nanog mailing list archives

Re: Phishing and telemarketing telephone calls

From: Jon Lewis <jlewis () lewis org>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 19:36:28 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 24 Apr 2020, Matthew Black wrote:

Has anyone else noticed a steep decline in annoying phone calls since the FCC threatened legal action against three
major VOIP gateways if they didn’t make efforts to prevent
Caller ID spoofing from scammers?

Not that it's at all on-topic for NANOG, but no. I still get numerous "last chance to renew my car warranty" and whatever the scam is from the credit card callers per day on both my home and cell numbers.

 Jon Lewis, MCP :)           |  I route
 StackPath, Sr. Neteng       |  therefore you are