nanog mailing list archives

Re: "Is BGP safe yet?" test

From: Andrey Kostin <ankost () podolsk ru>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 13:01:24 -0400

Thank you Mark, Tom and Chris for your responses that confirmed my "mixed feelings" about this tool. As a side note, I mentioned from https://bgp.he.net/AS13335#_prefixes that AS13335 advertises a bunch or prefixes without RoA and even one invalid prefix, although I don't see it (only invalid one) from other sources. So it looks like an attempt to jump ahead and announce competitive leadership using marketing rather than technology. So for myself with your help I'd qualify it as aggressive push from technical PoV and offensive from marketing PoV. The former definitely has some positive effect which however could or could not be outweighted by the latter.

Kind regards,
Andrey