nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cogent & FDCServers: Knowingly aiding and abetting fraud and theft?

From: Daniel Seagraves <dseagrav () humancapitaldev com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 09:16:19 -0500

On Oct 11, 2019, at 6:28 AM, Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer () nic fr> wrote:

I nitpick, but "never transferred the block" is not the same thing as
"never authorized Cogent to announce it”.

This should not be just a “nitpick". AT&T announces our extremely legacy ARIN allocation for us because we do not
qualify to have an ASN, but I absolutely did not, will not, and *have actively resisted attempts to* transfer the block
to them. I would sooner have my gums tattooed than give up my address space. Having an ASN was not a requirement when
we were allocated the resource, and I don’t see why we should be punished for being early adopters.