nanog mailing list archives

Re: Update to BCP-38?

From: Fred Baker <fredbaker.ietf () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2019 11:42:52 -0400

On Oct 3, 2019, at 9:51 AM, Stephen Satchell <list () satchell net> wrote:

Someone else mentioned that "IPv6 has been around for 25 years, and why
is it taking so long for everyone to adopt it?"  I present as evidence
the lack of a formally-released requirements RFC for IPv6.  It suggests
that the "science" of IPv6 is not "settled" yet.  That puts the
deployment of IPv6 in the category of "experiment" and not "production".

And, of course, we now have companies like T-Mobile and others turning IPv4 off. If that's an experiment, wow.