nanog mailing list archives

Re: This DNS over HTTP thing

From: Masataka Ohta <mohta () necom830 hpcl titech ac jp>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2019 20:11:14 +0900

Tom Hill wrote:

The Internet was working very well to suppress child porn by
making video freely distributed, which made child porn industry
a lot less profitable.

I will say this very clearly: abusing children for sexual gratification
doesn't stop when it is unprofitable.

Sorry that the Internet is merely a golden bullet not
effective to all kinds of werewolves.

Freely distributed video also makes investigation of victims
easier.

It also aides the normalisation of an entirely detestable practice.

By helping to arrest kidnappers and abusers?

>> In UK, they are very successful.

> Sources, please. (Disclaimer: I'm in the UK.)

John Levine already mentioned "Internet Watch Foundation".

Or, am I expected to confess personal experience that, when
in UK, I was not be able to access child porno site? :)

                                        Masataka Ohta