nanog mailing list archives

Re: Disney+ Streaming

From: Bill Woodcock <woody () pch net>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 10:58:02 +0100

I think people are going to reject the idea that they need to subscribe
to a dozen streaming services at $10-$20/mo. each and will be driven
back the good old "single source" (piracy) they used to use before 1
(or perhaps 2) streaming services kept them happy enough to abandon
piracy.

The content providers are going to piss in their bed again due to
greed.  Again.

This!

At the beginning of this year, I dumped Prime Video because while I
initially got it for "The Grand Tour", almost all the other content was
not available in Africa.

I foresee a new business model:

VPN / streaming bundle.  Get all your streaming services bundled together, proxied and VPNd from their native regions.

                                -Bill