nanog mailing list archives

Re: NTP for ASBRs?

From: "Scott Weeks" <surfer () mauigateway com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2019 16:54:50 -0700

--- bryan () shout net wrote:
From: Bryan Holloway <bryan () shout net>
On 5/8/19 4:00 PM, Scott Weeks wrote:
--- job () ntt net wrote:
From: Job Snijders <job () ntt net>

on this topic, i strongly recommend to operate all
devices in the Etc/UTC timezone, this makes
coordination with external entities much easier.

Yes, this!  Holy crap I come upon a lot of networks
that don't do this and it's always painful.

Now if only we could get rid of Daylight Saving Time ...

Luckily, Hawaii doesn't have that problem...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time_in_the_United_States#Hawaii

But, that's the thing.  One time.  No trying to figure
out who does DST and who doesn't.

From the above:

Arizona has not observed DST since 1967

Calif - in 2018, voters ratified a legislative plan for
year-round daylight saving time, subject to congressional
approval.

On March 6, 2018, the Florida Senate approved the "Sunshine
Protection Act" which would put Florida on permanent Daylight
Saving Time year round...Congress would need to amend the
existing 1966 federal law to allow the change.

Hawaii has never observed daylight saving time

etc...

scott