nanog mailing list archives

Re: NTP question

From: Rubens Kuhl <rubensk () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2019 18:52:01 -0300

Perhaps using a rubidium source instead of GPS ? The actual time can be
obtained thru NTP, all you actually need is a precision source to keep time
accurate thereafter.

Rubens

On Wed, May 1, 2019 at 4:24 PM Mehmet Akcin <mehmet () akcin net> wrote:

hey there Nanog,

I am trying to buy a GPS based NTP server like this one

https://timemachinescorp.com/product/gps-time-server-tm1000a/

but I will be placing this inside a data center, do these need an actual
view of a sky to be able to get signal or will they work fine inside a data
center building? if you have any other hardware requirements to be able to
provide stable time service for hundreds of customers, please let me know.

mehmet