nanog mailing list archives

Re: historical BGP announcements? (pre-1997)

From: "Majdi S. Abbas" <msa () latt net>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2019 23:15:15 -0400

On Mon, May 06, 2019 at 01:47:24PM -0600, John Osmon wrote:
I've got a need to look for some announcements from the mid 1990s.
The oldest I've found at at the University of Oregon Route Views
Project, but the earliest I can find there appears to be November of
1997.

Anyone have pointers to date from earlier?

        Collected announcements?  None that I know of.  A possible
proxy for them?  Maybe.

        Dig through the NSFNET NACR archives, and you can at least
build a list of possible announcements.  (The same is probably true
of any old PRDB data kicking around out there, and the NSS configs.)

        --msa