nanog mailing list archives

Re: historical BGP announcements? (pre-1997)

From: Bill Woodcock <woody () pch net>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2019 12:51:07 -0700

On May 6, 2019, at 12:47 PM, John Osmon <josmon () rigozsaurus com> wrote:

I've got a need to look for some announcements from the mid 1990s.
The oldest I've found at at the University of Oregon Route Views
Project, but the earliest I can find there appears to be November of
1997.

That’s when PCH began archiving them (and subsequently turned that archive over to U of O).  We weren’t aware of anyone
publicly archiving transit routes prior to that.

                                -Bill