nanog mailing list archives

Re: Should Netflix and Hulu give you emergency alerts?

From: Tom Beecher <beecher () beecher cc>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2019 18:06:42 -0500

Business ask to create near real time, location aware notification system
to increase user engagement and refine ad tracking : "That's a a great
idea, we can do that!"

Government ask to create near real time, location aware notification system
for public safety warnings : "THAT IS A BRIDGE TOO FAR, THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS
GOVERNMENT OVERREACH!"