nanog mailing list archives

Re: Crowdfunding critical infrastructure

From: "Eric S. Raymond" <esr () thyrsus com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 18:28:17 -0400

Jan Schaumann <jschauma () netmeister org>:
Perhaps an opportunity to collaborate with
https://www.coreinfrastructure.org/ ?

I am unfortunately constrained in what I can say about CII.
The temptation to rant is extreme, but I would be revealing
confidences that are not mine if I did so.

I'll just suggest that if you think CII is the solution to
this problem, you should take a hard look at what they're
actually funding.  And *not* funding.

I have a paragraph in the Loadsharers FAQ about the failure
modes of centralized fundings for LBIPs. I did *not* write
that paragraph from theory.