nanog mailing list archives

Re: DOs and DONTs for small ISP

From: Justin Wilson <lists () mtin net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2019 14:19:14 -0400

We have a fledgling web-site with information at http://startawisp.info/ <http://startawisp.info/>

Justin Wilson
j2sw () mtin net

https://j2sw.com
https://blog.j2sw.com

On Jun 3, 2019, at 10:35 AM, Mehmet Akcin <mehmet () akcin net> wrote:

https://startyourownisp.com/ <https://startyourownisp.com/> this is also pretty good, just thought i would share..

On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 7:19 AM Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike () swm pp se <mailto:swmike () swm pp se>> wrote:
On Mon, 3 Jun 2019, Mehmet Akcin wrote:

I am putting together a public DOs and DONTs blog post and would love to
hear from those who have built ISPs and have recommendations from
Billing to Interconnection, Routing policy to Out of the band & console
setup, Software recommendations, etc. Bottom line is that I would like
to publish a checklist with these recommendations which I hope will be
useful for all.

The "ISP Essentials" publication is still valid in a lot of cases. It
might not cover everything but gets a lot of the basics right.

ftp://ftp.securecomp.net/EBook/Cisco%AE%20ISP%20Essentials.pdf
<ftp://ftp.securecomp.net/EBook/Cisco%AE%20ISP%20Essentials.pdf>

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike () swm pp se <mailto:swmike () swm pp se>