nanog mailing list archives

Re: Bgpmon alternatives?

From: Töma Gavrichenkov <ximaera () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2019 03:51:51 +0300

On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 12:44 PM Hank Nussbacher <hank () efes iucc ac il> wrote:
On 18/07/2019 08:44, Töma Gavrichenkov wrote:
Qrator guy there.
Real-time notifications are there but are only available on a
commercial basis, because basically real time is expensive to compute.
The rest is free.

What about once a day notification of BGP hijack?  Is that also
expensive to compute?

That's in the works, but honestly we see no user demand for that.
Either it's real time, or it's not needed.  Therefore, it's not a high
priority.

I have an account and cannot find any
documentation of realtime notifications nor its cost.  All I found was
this - https://qrator.net/en/pricing .   Can you send links to the BGP
hijack notification service and its cost?

This is basically a noncommercial service, so there's really no price
list.  Depends on an IP prefix count, but around $500/mo./ASN would be
about enough for us to cover our expenses and to afford a couple beers
at the end of the month.

--
Töma