nanog mailing list archives

Re: DNS Flag Day, Friday, Feb 1st, 2019

From: Mark Andrews <marka () isc org>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 22:15:08 +1100

--
Mark Andrews

On 31 Jan 2019, at 20:25, Radu-Adrian Feurdean <nanog () radu-adrian feurdean net> wrote:

On Thu, Jan 31, 2019, at 03:24, Mark Andrews wrote:
You do realise that when the day was chosen it was just the date after
which new versions of name servers by the original group of Open Source
DNS developers would not have the work arounds incorporated?

I think it's pretty safe to say that the "DNS Flag day" is more like a date of "end of support" rather than an
"service termination". My guess is that some uncompliant servers will be still running long after that date...

--
R-A.F.